Sat., Oct. 20
Minnesota Whitecaps beat Metropolitan Riveters at Prudential Center; 5–3
- Whitecaps: Chelsey Brodt Rosenthal, Amy Menke, Meghan Pezon, Amanda Boulier, Jonna Curtis (empty net)
- Riveters: Madison Packer (2), Audra Richards/
The Riveters raised their Isobel Cup banner at the Prudential Center in their second-ever game in an NHL rink. Audra Richards scored her first career goal and, once again, the Whitecaps proved that they are an extremely deep team. Rosenthal, Menke, and Pezon also scored their first NWHL goals. Kendall Coyne Schofield was out of the lineup as her husband’s football team was playing in London.
Boston Pride beat Connecticut Whale in Boston; 4–2
- Pride: Emily Field, Lauren Kelly (power play), McKenna Brand, Gigi Marvin
- Whale: Katerina Mrázová (power play), Emily Fluke/
Field’s goal came 35 seconds into the game. Lauren Kelly also netted her first goal of the season while Brand got her second in as many games. Mrázová also scored her first NWHL goal.
Sun., Oct. 21
Whitecaps beat Riveters in Newark; 6–2
- Whitecaps: Katie McGovern (2), Allie Thunstrom (2), Jonna Curtis (shorthanded), Hannah Brandt
- Riveters: Audra Richards, Madison Packer/
The Whitecaps scored 11 goals last weekend from seven different players. Wow. McGovern’s goals were the first of her NWHL career.
Sat., Oct. 20
Toronto Furies beat Worcester Blades in Worcester; 2–1
- Furies: Natalie Spooner (2)
- Blades: Casey Stathopoulous/
The Blades had 41 shots on goal in their first tilt against the Furies. Mariah Fujimagari played the whole game as well, with Jessica Convery listed as the second goalie for the Blades — a departure from the past season.
Les Canadiennes de Montreal beat Markham Thunder in Montreal; 5–1
- Les Canadiennes: Hilary Knight, Mélodie Daoust, Jill Saulnier (2), Genevieve Bannon
- Thunder: Jenna McParland/
Halfway through the first period, Knight scored her first goal with Les Canadiennes. The goal was also her 30th career CWHL goal. Daoust netted her first of her CWHL career as well.
Calgary Inferno beat KRS Vanke Rays in Calgary; 2–0
- Inferno: Brianna Decker, Tori Hickel
- Vanke Rays: n/a/
Hickel’s first CWHL goal was assisted by her sister Zoe. Brianne Jenner was awarded a penalty shot in the second period, but it was stopped by Noora Räty.
Sun. Oct. 21
Calgary Inferno beat KRS Vanke Rays in Calgary; 6–1
- Inferno: Aina Mizukami, Rebecca Johnston, Venla Hovi, Halli Krzyzaniak, Brianne Jenner, Brianna Decker
- Vanke Rays: Hanna Bunton/
Mizukami, Hovi, and Krzyzaniak all scored their first CWHL goals. Rookie Kimberly Newell came into the game with seven minutes left, and made five saves, after Raty gave up six goals. This was also the first game in the Inferno’s Sportsnet partnership.
Les Canadiennes de Montreal beat Markham Thunder in Montreal; 7–1
- Les Canadiennes: Jill Saulnier, Ann-Sophie Bettez (2), Mélodie Daoust (2) Kim Deschenes, Sarah Lefort
- Thunder: Jamie Lee Rattray/
Daoust had the hot hand this weekend, getting four points on the weekend.
Toronto Furies beat Worcester Blades in Worcester; 2–0
- Furies: Shiann Darkangelo (2)
- Blades: n/a/
Darkangelo was on hat trick watch before the first period even ended. Convery started the game and played the first period before Dahm came into the game.