USA announces Olympic roster
The 23-player roster is here!
The puck drops on the 2022 Olympics in 32 days, and today, the USA Hockey announced their 23-player roster during the second intermission of the NHL’s Winter Classic.
Goaltenders: Alex Cavallini, Nicole Hensley, Maddie Rooney
Defenders: Cayla Barnes, Megan Bozek, Jincy Dunne, Savannah Harmon, Caroline Harvey, Megan Keller, Lee Stecklein
Forwards: Hannah Brandt, Dani Cameranesi, Alex Carpenter, Jesse Compher, Kendall Coyne Schofield, Brianna Decker, Amanda Kessel, Hilary Knight, Abbey Murphy, Kelly Pannek, Abby Roque, Hayley Scamurra, Grace Zumwinkle
It wasn’t a total surprise as back on Dec. 15 the residency roster on the USA Hockey website had only 23 players, down from the initial 28 that were part of the training camps, exhibition series, and Rivalry Series/My Why Tour against Canada. This is the same roster as was announced today.
- Twelve members of the 2018 gold medal-winning team will return to try to win the US’s third Olympic gold.
- Hilary Knight will be the most experienced (and oldest) player. This will be her 4th Olympics. In the history of the Olympics, 17 others players have appeared in four, and only four players have been rostered for five Games.
- Jincy Dunne, Savannah Harmon, Caroline Harvey, Jesse Compher, Abbey Murphy, Abby Roque, Hayley Scamurra, and Grace Zumwinkle will all be first-time Olympians.
- Harvey will be the youngest on the roster at 19 years and four months. She’s exactly six months older than the next youngest - Murphy.
- All three goaltenders were rostered at the 2018 Olympics./
The Olympics are scheduled to begin on Feb. 2 in Beijing.