The Ice Garden is hiring a social media coordinator
Join our growing team!
The Ice Garden is committed to bringing readers thoughtful, intelligent coverage of this sport we all love -- women’s hockey. Now we’re looking for someone to help us share this content with readers via social media platforms.
Our content gets shared on our Twitter page, which has over 3,300 followers, and Facebook, which has just shy of 300 fans. But we’re looking for someone who can do more than just share content. We’d like to see our readers engaged and our audience grow, and that’s where you come in.
The Ice Garden is hiring a social media coordinator to take our social efforts to the next level. Keep reading for details on what we’re looking for in candidates and instructions on how to apply.
What skills and qualifications should you have?
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Are passionate about women’s hockey.
- Ideally already enjoy reading, following, and participating in The Ice Garden community.
- Are eager to engage with our followers.
- Have the good judgment to not engage with hostile people or trolls.
- Have the availability to share our articles a few times a day on Twitter and Facebook.
- Have the instincts to grow our follower base organically.
- Can interact in a fun way with other SB Nation team site accounts.
- Previous social media coordinator experience is preferred. /
How do you apply?
Please send a cover letter, resume detailing any previous writing experience, and a writing sample to The Ice Garden’s site manager, Michelle Jay, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are contractor positions that pay monthly stipends. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.