The Founding 4 Podcast: I can fly!
The Riveters win the Isobel Cup!
The Metropolitan Riveters are Isobel Cup Champions. That’s right, the team that finished dead last in the NWHL’s inaugural season has now become the third NWHL franchise to lift the Isobel Cup in three years and Erica and Mike are ready to break it all down down for you.
- Naturally, we talk about the Alexa Gruschow unbelievable Superwoman goal 5:33 into the first period of the Isobel Cup Final. Erica also hooks us up with an audio clip of an interview she had with Alexa the Great after the game. Look away, Beauts fans. Look away./
here's an alternate angle of the Gruschow goal, and oh, my. #NWHL #IsobelCupFinal pic.twitter.com/ZFifK5kj3J— Goalie Blinnterference (@NHLBlinn) March 25, 2018
- With the help of the IIHF rule book, we examine why Buffalo Beauts’ veteran defender Sarah Casorso didn’t get a five minute major for boarding Madison Packer at the end of the first period.
- We discuss the postseason excellence of both Isobel Cup Playoff MVP Katie Fitzgerald and NWHL Goaltender of the Year Amanda Leveille. Superb goaltending is becoming something of an Isobel Cup Playoff tradition at this point.
- With Fitzgerald’s MVP nod in mind, Erica and Mike make their cases for other players on the Beauts and Riveters who had a huge impact in the playoffs.
- Mike and Erica also get into some listener questions and talk about Space Jam. I can fly!/
You can also listen to the show by clicking HERE.
A huge thank you to all of our listeners, our Patreon patrons, and our friends Hannah Bevis and Michelle Jay over at The Top Shelf Podcast. Please consider supporting our podcast network on Patreon, subscribing to and rating our network on iTunes, and/or writing us a review! You can also help us out by telling your friends about our two shows and reaching out to us on Twitter with your questions and comments.
Do you have anything you’d like us to talk about on the show? Do you have questions or thoughts on the 2017-18 season, the 2018 Isobel Cup Playoffs, or about the 2018 offseason? Let us hear them! Just use “#Founding4Pod” on Twitter and we’ll get to it! If you don’t do the Twitter, you can also post a comment on this story and we’ll be able to get to that as well.
Be good to yourselves and to each other. Always.