The CWHL releases its 2018-19 schedule
As expected, the CWHL is bringing back its All-Star Game!
It’s finally here! Today the CWHL tweeted out the schedule for the 2018-19 season. At the time that this article was written, the schedule was not yet up on the CWHL’s site, but we should expect to see it there shortly.
The moment you’ve all been waiting for... pic.twitter.com/EZ1P8k6ohD— CWHL (@TheCWHL) September 11, 2018
Some Key Dates
- The 2018-19 season kicks off on Oct. 13 with three games in Montreal, Markham and Toronto. The first game of the new season is between the Calgary Inferno and Les Canadiennes de Montreal at 6:30 p.m. ET.
- The Worcester Blades’ first game in their new home takes place on Oct. 20 in a 3:00 p.m. showdown against the Toronto Furies.
- The CWHL’s All-Star Weekend takes place between Jan. 19-20. This is great news after the CWHL’s controversial decision to forego an All-Star game last season.
- We have to wait until Oct. 25 for the rematch of last year’s Clarkson Cup Final between the Markham Thunder and the Shenzhen KRS Vanke Rays.
- From Nov. 6 to Nov. 17 Shenzhen will host back-to-back three-game series against the Worcester Blades and the Markham Thunder. That means six straight home games in China for the KRS Vanke Rays. That will be their longest home stand of the year.
- The CWHL regular season wraps up in late February with a game between the Furies and the Thunder at a date and time that are TBD.
- There are three other games on the schedule that have a time that is listed as TBD./
There are only 32 days before the 2018-19 season kicks off in Montreal! Make sure to keep an eye out on thecwhl.com/watch for a schedule of the games that will be streamed this season.