Some teams atop the poll have been bitten by both the injury and upset bug while most of them took care of business. As we approach the holiday season things are opening up slightly as the bottom of our poll is more chaos.
1. Wisconsin (13-1-0), 150 (15) — Last Week: 1
• Last Week: W 5-0 v Bemidji State (11/16), W 3-0 v Bemidji State (11/17)
• Coming Week: v Harvard (11/23, 11/24)
The Badgers are rolling as they decimated the same Bemidji team that made the Ohio State look very bad last weekend. Harvard will be traveling to Madison for the holiday weekend.
2. Minnesota (11-2-1), 134 — Last Week: 2
• Last Week: W 4-3 OT @ St. Cloud State (11/17), W 7-2 v St. Cloud State (11/18)
• Coming Week: @ St. Lawrence (11/23), v Syracuse/Vermont (11/24)
After getting a scare in game one the Gophers laid down the hammer in their Sunday afternoon matinee at home. This weekend brings a trip to Vermont for the Windjammer Classic, up first is their only real test in St. Lawrence.
3. Clarkson (10-2-0), 107 — Last Week: 3
• Last Week: W 9-1 @ Brown (11/16), L 1-5 @ Yale (11/17)
• Coming Week: v Minnesota-Duluth (11/23, 11/24)
No Sauve, no chance? The Golden Knights are without their star goalie with an injury and well the back up situation looks bleak as they were destroyed by a Yale team that was at the bottom of almost every ranking metric. They will get to play host to a Duluth team that is in complete free fall mode to right the ship.
4. Boston College (10-3-0), 103 — Last Week: 5
• Last Week: W 3-0 @ Connecticut (11/16), W 4-0 v Connecticut (11/17)
• Coming Week: v Boston University (11/20), @ Holy Cross (11/24)
Two huge shutout wins have the Eagles soaring as they travel just a little down the road to play their rival Terriers on Tuesday. The weekend should be no contest as they head to Worcester for a game.
5.Northeastern (11-1-2), 97 — Last Week: 4
• Last Week: W 3-1 @ Maine (11/16), T 3-3 OT @ Maine (11/17)
• Coming Week: No Games
The Almost Great White North was not kind to the Huskies as Aerin Frankel gave up only her second HEA goal in game one, and then Coach Flint’s decision to continue a goalie rotation was unable to be redeemed by their offense this weekend. Northeastern will get a weekend off to digest their turkey before playing host to Boston College on TV the next week.
6. Ohio State (11-5-0), 67 — Last Week: 7
• Last Week: W 1-3 v Minnesota-Duluth (11/16), W 4-1 v Minnesota-Duluth (11/17)
• Coming Week: No Games
The Buckeyes needed two wins and got them and earned themselves the “Belles of the Ball” title this week. They will get to bask in those victories over the holiday as they have a weekend off.
7. St. Lawrence (8-5-1), 39 — Last Week: 8
• Last Week: W 3-1 @ Yale (11/16), W 4-1 @ Brown (11/17)
• Coming Week: v Minnesota (11/23), v Syracuse/Vermont (11/24)
They took care of business and remain the only ECAC team to not drop a point in conference. This weekend brings a holiday tournament in Vermont where they will open up against Minnesota, which should send them way up if they win.
8. Cornell (5-1-3), 34 — Last Week: 9
• Last Week: W 2-1 @ Quinnipiac (11/16), T 2-2 OT @ Princeton (11/17)
• Coming Week: @ Robert Morris (11/23, 11/24)
The Big Red are keeping atop the ECAC and Ivy tables but need to get more consistent if they hope to wear either crown. A trip to Moon is up next against a Robert Morris team they should beat.
9. Minnesota Duluth (5-6-1), 32 —Last Week: 6
• Last Week: L 1-3 @ Ohio State (11/16), L 1-4 @ Ohio State (11/17)
• Coming Week: @ Clarkson (11/23, 11/24)
Not a lot of positives coming out of Duluth right now as they only managed to score two goals all weekend while giving up seven. They will travel to the North Country for a pair which they can ill afford to drop if they want to stay in PWR consideration.
10. Providence (10-2-0), 29 — Last Week: 10
• Last Week: W 3-1 v Merrimack (11/16), W 5-3 @ Merrimack
• Coming Week: @ Yale (11/23), v Connecticut/ Qunnipiac (11/24)
The Friars solidified their hold on this poll as they swept the Merrimack team they edged out las week. They will play in the Nutmeg Classic which should be a pair of easy wins.
Also Receiving Vote: Princeton 24, Colgate 4, Merrimack 3, Maine 1, Yale 1