There was remarkably little change among the top teams, though we did clean up the remaining votes.
1. Wisconsin (12-0-0), 80 (8) — Last poll: 1
- Last week: W 2-1 @ Minnesota State (10/29), W 6-2 @ Minnesota State (10/30)
- Coming Week: v Bemidji State (11/6, 11/7)/
After an all too tight result the first night in Mankato, the Badgers came back and handled the Mavericks easily. This weekend will bring the Beavers to Madison.
2. Ohio State (8-2-0), 72 — Last poll: 2
- Last week: W 5-2 v St. Cloud State (10/29), W 10-1 v St. Cloud State (10/30)
- Coming Week: @ St. Thomas (11/5, 11/6)/
Two big wins means six WCHA points for OSU. A trip to St. Thomas should bring another six.
3. Minnesota (7-3-0), 63 — Last poll: 3
- Last week: W 5-2 @ Bemidji State (10/29), W 3-1 @ Bemidji State (10/30)
- Coming Week: No Games /
The Gophers will take the week off after a solid sweep of Bemidji.
4. Minnesota-Duluth (4-4-0), 49 — Last poll: 4
- Last week: No Games
- Coming Week: No Games/
Duluth is sitting idle for another week.
5. Colgate (10-2-0), 47 — Last poll: 5
- Last week: W 4-2 @ Dartmouth (10/29), W 5-4 OT @ Harvard (10/30)
- Coming Week: v Brown (11/5), v Yale (11/6)/
Colgate needed two big wins to get back after a tough home sweep by Minnesota. They got the league points but were taken to OT by a Harvard team that is starting to garner some attention.
6. Northeastern (7-2-0), 45 — Last poll: 6
- Last week: W 4-2 @ Boston College (10/29), W 3-0 v Boston College (10/30)
- Coming Week: @ Providence (11/5), v Providence (11/6)/
Going into the weekend the Huskies needed a sweep. Well they got it including a shutout to earn this week’s title of ‘ Belle’s of the Ball.’ They played closer to their potential but still have room to improve as they finish the regular season series with the Providence team that beat them earlier this season.
7. Boston College (6-2-0), 23 — Last poll: 7
- Last week: L 2-4 v Northeastern (10/29), L 0-3 @ Northeastern (10/30)
- Coming Week: No Games/
Abby Levy deserves a lot of credit after keeping BC in the games this weekend facing 89 shots over two days, none the less the Eagles garnered n points. They will take a weekend off to regroup.
T-8. Quinnipiac (8-0-2), 19 — Last poll: 8
- Last week: W 5-3 @ Brown (10/29), W 3-1 @ Yale (10/30)
- Coming Week: v Union (11/5), v RPI (11/6)/
After a week off the Bobcats came back with two ECAC victories over Ivy League foes and remain up near the top of the table. They will host two teams that usually end up near the bottom of the ECAC as they try to move up some more.
T-8. Princeton (2-0-0), 19 — Last poll: 9
- Last week: W 2-0 @ Yale (10/29), W 3-2 @ Brown (10/30)
- Coming Week: v RPI (11/5), v Union (11/6)/
Princeton was our last team to return to action and they were able to sweep their weekend. This weekend brings two teams they should beat to Hobey Baker Arena.
10. Harvard (3-1-0), 14 — Last poll: ARV
- Last week:W 4-1 v Cornell (10/29), L 4-5 OT v Colgate (10/30)
- Coming Week: @ St. Lawrence (11/5), @ Clarkson (11/6)/
The Crimson are the fourth Beanpot school to be ranked this season, replacing a Boston University team that has fallen hard times. The Crimson, who lead the ECAC and Ivy Leagues will travel to the North Country for a pair.
Also Receiving Votes: Cornell 5, Penn State 2, Clarkson 1, Minnesota State 1