This week featured six meetings between the top five teams in the ECAC, WCHA, and Hockey East, only HEA came out with a winning record in those games. Overall, most of our teams ventured out and played quality OOC games, most for the first and only time this season.
1. Ohio State (13-1-2), 100 (5) — Last poll: 1
- Last week: T 4-4 OT v Colgate (11/22), W 6-2 v Colgate (11/23)
- Coming Week: @ Minnesota Duluth (12/2, 12/3)/
While not a perfect week for the Buckeyes it was still a success as Colgate came to town. Now a trip to Duluth should allow OSU to cement its position atop the table.
T-2. Quinnipiac (14-1-0), 92 (1) — Last poll: 2
- Last week: W 5-0 v Bemidji State (11/25), W 1-0 v Connecticut (11/26)
- Coming Week: @ Union (12/2), @ Rensselaer (12/3)/
We spent weeks with these two teams tied in our poll and now we are back to it. The Bobcats dismissed some mediocre competition en route to winning the Nutmeg Classic, with Yale away. Now they travel to NY for a pair of easy games.
T-2. Yale (8-0-0), 92 (3) — Last poll: 4
- Last week: W 2-0 v Boston University (11/25), W 4-3 v Minnesota (11/26)
- Coming Week: v Cornell (12/2), v Colgate (12/3)/
The Bulldogs are tied with Quinnipiac in our poll again. Their trip to Las Vegas was a huge success. While their game against BU was tighter than it should be four first period goals were enough to unseat Minnesota and earned the title of ‘Belles of the Ball’ for the week. The coming games will be huge both for the ECAC and Ivy League standings.
4. Wisconsin (11-2-1), 71 (1) — Last poll: 5
- Last week: No Games
- Coming Week: @ Bemidji State (12/2, 12/3)/
The Badgers were idle not taking on any challengers in OOC for the holiday week. This week they travel for an easy pair against the Beavers.
5. Minnesota (10-3-2), 69 (1) — Last poll: 3
- Last week: W 5-1 v Penn State (11/25), L 3-4 v Yale (11/26)
- Coming Week: v Minnesota State (12/2), @ Minnesota State (12/3)/
The trip to Nevada could not have gone much worse for the Gophers as they continue their slide in our pollsters views. They will have a more relaxing home-and-home against Mankato.
6. Colgate (13-2-1), 60 — Last poll: 6
- Last week: T 4-4 OT @ Ohio State (11/22), L 2-6 @ Ohio State (11/23)
- Coming Week: @ Brown (12/2), @ Yale (12/3)/
Colgate could’ve had a more productive trip but they didn’t leave completely empty-handed. This week sees them on the road for one easy and one critical matchup.
7. Northeastern (16-2-1), 47 — Last poll: 8
- Last week: W 4-1 v Princeton (11/25), W 5-1 v Cornell (11/26)
- Coming Week: v Vermont (12/2, 12/3)/
The Huskies rebounded well with the return of Maureen Murphy dominating play in both games against the ECAC foes. They will now host a Vermont team that is one of the bigger threats to them in HEA play.
8. Minnesota-Duluth (11-5-0), 40 — Last poll: 7
- Last week: No Games
- Coming Week: v Ohio State (12/2, 12/3)/
The current belt holders were also idle but will have a serious challenge when Ohio State comes to town for a pair.
9. Cornell (6-3-1), 12 — Last poll: 9
- Last week: L 1-5 v Northeastern (11/26), T 2-2 OT (SOL 3-4) v Princeton (11/27)
- Coming Week: @ Yale (12/2), @ Brown (12/3)/
The Big Red had a rough trip down south as they were handled by Northeastern and lost a shootout to Princeton, this game was not an ECAC or Ivy game. Their way doesn't get much easier immediately as they head to New Haven for what could be an Ivy League decider, then have an easier foe in Brown.
10. Clarkson (14-5-1), 7 — Last poll: 10
- Last week: W 8-1 v Maine (11/25), L 4-5 OT v Maine (11/26)
- Coming Week: v Harvard (12/2), v Dartmouth (12/3/
Clarkson fell into the familiar trap of beating up in Maine one game only to lose the second time out. This weekend brings two struggling Ivy foes to town.
Also Receiving Votes: Providence 6, Penn State 6, Vermont 3