NWHL action resumes Saturday with best-of-three series; seeding round
Hockey resumes tomorrow
The 2021 NWHL season resumes tomorrow at 3 p.m. ET with the beginning of a best-of-three play-in series between the Boston Pride and Buffalo Beauts to determine the fourth seed for the 2021 Isobel Cup Playoffs.
From the league’s press release:
The Boston Pride and Buffalo Beauts will begin a best-of-three series with Game 1 on Saturday at 3 p.m. EST to determine the fourth seed in the playoffs. Game 2 is on Sunday at 3 p.m., and a deciding Game 3, if necessary, would be on Monday at 8:30 p.m.
The rest of the league’s teams have been seeded based on their winning percentage, which places the Minnesota Whitecaps in first, the Connecticut Whale in second, and the Toronto Six in third. In this upcoming seeding round, points from the opening week of games will be disregarded.
At 6 p.m. tomorrow, the Minnesota Whitecaps will face the Toronto Six to start a seeding round between the top three teams of the regular season to determine seeding for the playoffs. The Isobel Cup Semifinals are scheduled for Feb. 4. The Isobel Cup Final is scheduled for Feb. 5. All three of those games will be broadcast on NBCSN for U.S. viewers. The games in the seeding round will be aired on twitch.tv/nwhl.
Saturday, Jan. 30
- 3:00 p.m. – Buffalo Beauts at Boston Pride (Game 1 of best-of-three series)
- 6:00 p.m. – Toronto Six at Minnesota Whitecaps /
Sunday, Jan. 31
- 3:00 p.m. – Boston Pride at Buffalo Beauts (Game 2)
- 6:00 p.m. – Toronto Six at Connecticut Whale /
Monday, Feb. 2
- 5:30 p.m. – Connecticut Whale at Minnesota Whitecaps
- 8:30 p.m. – Buffalo Beauts at Boston Pride (Game 3, if necessary) /
Thursday, Feb. 4 - Isobel Cup Semifinals
- 5:30 p.m. – No. 4 Seed at No. 1 Seed
- 8:00 p.m. – No. 3 Seed at No. 2 Seed /
Friday, Feb. 5 - Isobel Cup Final
- 7:00 p.m. – Winners of the Semifinals; higher seed designated as home team /