Last year, the inaugural Rivalry Series between Team USA and Team Canada was a three-game ordeal. This time around, that schedule has been expanded to five games starting on Dec. 14 in Hartford, CT and wrapping up on Feb. 8 in Anaheim, CA.
“Anytime we get the chance to play Canada, it’s terrific for our sport,” Katie Million, the, director of women’s national team programs for USA Hockey, shared in a release. “It’s great to have five games part of the Rivalry series this year and I know fans will enjoy the high level of play they’ll get to see.”
- Sat., Dec. 14 at the XL Center in Hartford, CT
- Tue., Dec. 17 at the Avenir Centre in Moncton, NB
- Mon., Feb. 3 at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria, BC
- Wed., Feb. 5 at the Rogers Arena in Vancouver, BC
- Sat., Feb. 8 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA/
Last year, Canada won the Rivalry Series by taking Game 2 and Game 3 after being shut out by Team USA in Game 1. The 2020 IIHF Women’s World Championship begins Mar. 31 and runs through Apr. 10.