2022 Olympics How to Watch: USA vs ROC
The Americans will have to fill the shoes of Brianna Decker in their second game.
Are you tired of waking up early yet? I hope not, because we have some more early morning hockey for you.
This time in the form of USA taking on the Russians for their first meeting since August of 2021 at the World Championship where in their one meeting, USA shut out the ROC, 6-0. The Russian team does look significantly different this year and has proven already they can put pressure on and score goals. They will have to hang in for a full sixty minutes with Team USA though.
How to Watch
- U.S. viewers: 8:10 a.m. on Peacock, NBCOlympics.com, USA Network
- Canadian viewers: 8:10 a.m. ET on CBC | Stream: CBC.ca
- World-Feed commentators: Darren Kilfara/
Bet on the game at DraftKings
Follow TIG on Twitter
What to Watch For
- Filling Decker’s Shoes — Early in USA’s first match of the Olympics, unfortunately forward Brianna Decker was taken out with an injury we would later learn will keep her from returning to play at all. While we don’t want to see anyone sustain injuries, this is especially bad for a USA team who relies heavily on Decker in almost every part of their game. Without her strength and ability as the top line center, there is a huge hole in their lineup that they will have to figure out how to make up for.
- Bolgareva Heating Up — In ROC’s first game against Switzerland, Polina Bolgareva who was making her Olympic debut scored a hat trick in a back and forth match with the Swiss. Despite her lack of international play experience, she has proven that she has shown up for this tournament and should not be taken lightly.
- Goaltending — A big story with Team USA regardless of their opponent is their set of goaltenders. While Maddie Rooney got the start against Finland in their first game, Cavallini and Hensley surely are not meant to be benchwarmers or backups on this team. I wold expect to see one of them get the start here just to dip their toes in before facing an opponent like Team Canada. /