2022 Beijing Olympics How to Watch: Switzerland vs Canada
The first game of Group A features some of the biggest stars in the game
It’s finally here. The first game of the group stage for Group A, featuring Team Canada and Team Switzerland. This is a star-studded showdown between a true powerhouse and an up-and-coming national team program that has designs on making an appearance in the semifinal. What a way to get things rolling in Beijing.
How to Watch
- U.S. viewers: 11:10 p.m. ET on USA Network, Peacock
- Canadian viewers: 11:10 p.m. ET on CBC | Stream: CBC.ca
- World-Feed commentator: Aaron Murphy/
Bet on the game at DraftKings
Follow TIG on Twitter
What to Watch For
- Canada Won’t Hold Back — With the gold from the 2021 Worlds still fresh in everyone’s minds, Canada is the favorite heading into this tournament. As talented as the Swiss are, they just don’t have the depth to hang with Canada at evens and that is what we should expect to see tonight. The Canadians would probably love to get on the power play in this one and find the back of the net to get their swagger going.
- Alina Müller’s Back — After an injury forced her to make an early exit from the 2021 Worlds, Müller is back on the ice representing Switzerland in a major tournament. Before leaving to compete in the Olympics, the Swiss star had eight goals and 21 assists in 16 GP at Northeastern this season. Canada will do everything they can to stymy her and Lara Stalder in this one. It’s no secret that they are Switzerland’s biggest weapons.
- Recent History — In their two meetings at the 2021 Worlds in Calgary, Canada won 5-0 and 4-0. Look for a similar final score today, unless the Swiss can find a way to bend but not break in the face of Canada’s superior depth and attack. The shots in those two contests? 63-12 and 65-10. I’ll let you guess which team eclipsed the 60 mark in those meetings./
2022 Olympics Preview: Team Switzerland
2022 Olympics Preview: Team Canada