The field of teams getting votes has contracted once again as we near the half way point of the season. At this point it seems like a two conference race.
1. Wisconsin (15-0-1), 100 (10) — Last poll: 1
- Last week: W 7-1 @ St. Thomas (11/20), W 5-1 @ St. Thomas (11/21)
- Coming Week: No Games
The Badgers handled the Tommies as expected and will take the holiday break off.
2. Ohio State (12-2-0), 90 — Last poll: 2
- Last week: W 6-3 v Minnesota State (11/19), W 9-0 v Minnesota State (11/20)
- Coming Week: v St. Lawrence (11/26), v Penn State (11/27)
After an easy weekend against Mankato, the Buckeyes will travel to DC for a pair against eastern teams over the holiday.
3. Minnesota (11-3-0), 78 — Last poll: 3
- Last week: W 6-2 @ St. Cloud State (11/19), W 5-1 @ St. Cloud State (11/20)
- Coming Week: v Mercyhurst (11/26), v Boston College/Colgate (11/27)
A trip to St. Cloud was productive as the Gophers took the expected victories. Now they play in a tournament in Nashville.
4. Northeastern (12-2-1), 61 — Last poll: 5
- Last week: W 4-1 v New Hampshire (11/19), W 3-2 v Connecticut (11/20)
- Coming Week: @ Princeton (11/26, 11/27)
The Huskies got their two conference wins, even if the second took a little extra work. Now starts probably the most important four game stretch of their season as they take on two Ivy League powers in what will be their best non-confrence matchups.
5. Minnesota-Duluth (6-4-0), 58 — Last poll: 4
- Last week: W 9-0 @ Bemidji State (11/19), W 4-1 @ Bemidji State (11/20)
- Coming Week: v Penn State (11/26), v St. Lawrence (11/27)
A trip to Bemidji held no surprises, now they join Ohio State in DC for Thanksgiving.
6. Quinnipiac (13-1-2), 51 — Last poll: 6
- Last week: W 4-0 @ Cornell (11/19), W 4-0 @ Colgate (11/20)
- Coming Week: v Yale (11/27), v Connecticut/Sacred Heart (11/28)
The Bobcats won both of their games by a score of 4-0 over teams that have been ranked this season, making them ‘Belle’s of the Ball,’ once again. They will now take on Yale in the Nutmeg Classic.
7. Colgate (13-4-1), 39 — Last poll: 8
- Last week: T 1-1 OT v Princeton (11/19), L 0-4 v Quinnipiac (11/20)
- Coming Week: v Boston College (11/26), v Mercyhurst/Minnesota (11/27)
A tie and a loss against other ranked teams was less than ideal, despite this the Raiders moved up in the poll. They will get a good chance to move up when they head to Nashville for a pair of non-conference matchups.
8. Yale (7-2-1), 26 — Last poll: 9
- Last week: T 4-4 OT @ St. Lawrence (11/19), W 4-2 @ Clarkson (11/20)
- Coming Week: @ Long Island (11/23), v Quinnipiac (11/27), v Connecticut/Sacred Heart (11/28)
A head scratching tie at St. Lawrence was made up for when they beat Clarkson. They will now take part in the Nutmeg Classic after a trip to Long Island.
9. Princeton (5-2-1), 23 — Last poll: 7
- Last week: T 1-1 OT @ Colgate (11/19), L 0-2 @ Cornell (11/20)
- Coming Week: v Northeastern (11/26, 11/27)
Not a great week for the Tigers as they tied and lost. The loss was doubly painful as it cost them in the Ivy League standings. They will play host to Northeastern, this would be a great chance for them to jump back up with a win.
10. Clarkson (12-2-2), 12 — Last poll: ARV
- Last week: W 5-1 v Brown (11/19), L 2-4 v Yale (11/20)
- Coming Week: @ Maine (11/26, 11/27)
This spot in our poll is up for a lot of debate. This week Clarkson has rejoined the poll with Harvard being inactive.
Also Receiving Votes: Harvard 11, Connecticut 1