Still the same ten teams but lots of movement this week as some top teams lost games while other teams won the games they needed to and moved up in the rankings.
1. Wisconsin (8-0-0), 140 (14)— Last Week: 1
• Last Week: W 4-3 v Princeton (10/20), W 3-0 v Princeton (10/21)
• Coming Week: v Minnesota (10/27, 10/28)
Although Princeton put up spurts of fighting, the Badgers swept the weekend and solidified their place atop this poll. This weekend they host arch rival Minnesota in a series that will determine how the top of this poll looks for a while.
2. Minnesota (6-1-1), 119 — Last Week: 3
• Last Week: W 3-0 v Ohio State (10/19), L 2-3 v Ohio State (10/20)
• Coming Week: @ Wisconsin (10/27, 10/28)
After splitting against Ohio State, Minnesota holds near the top of the poll but can move all the way to the top if they can come out ahead against Wisconsin in Madison.
3. Clarkson (5-1-0), 118 — Last Week: 2
• Last Week: L 3-4 OT @ St. Lawrence 10/20), W 4-0 v St. Lawrence (10/21)
• Coming Week: @ Syracuse (10/26), v Syracuse (10/27)
An overtime loss and a blow out win against their rivals leaves the Golden Knights battling with the Gophers for position. Next up is a home-and-home against Syracuse, a series that should result in two wins.
4. Ohio State (6-2-0), 90 — Last Week: 6
• Last Week: L 0-3 @ Minnesota (10/19), W 3-2 @ Minnesota (10/20)
• Coming Week: @ St. Lawrence (10/26, 10/27)
The Buckeyes have to be happy pulling out the split but would’ve like to get two more points. Despite having jerseys so bad that it lead to a penalty because the numbers were unreadable Ohio State is this weeks “Belles of the Ball.” They will be traveling to play a St. Lawrence team that is living on the fringe of this poll.
5. Minnesota Duluth (4-3-1), 81 —Last Week: 4
• Last Week: W 6-1 v Bemidji State (10/19), W 2-0 v Bemidji State (10/20)
• Coming Week: @ St. Cloud State (10/26, 10/27)
Two games against a bad team lead to two easy wins for the Bulldogs. Two more easy games are coming up as they travel to St. Cloud.
6. Boston College (5-2-0), 72 — Last Week: 5
• Coming Week: @ Holy Cross (10/26), @ Maine (10/28)
The Eagles took care of business in conference despite having a few periods that were on the disappointing end of the spectrum. First up next weekend will be hapless Holy Cross before taking on a Maine team that could give them a run for their money.
7. Northeastern (4-1-1), 50 — Last Week: 8
• Last Week: W 3-0 v Maine (10/19), W 3-1 @ New Hampshire (10/20)
• Coming Week: v Providence (10/26), v Boston University (10/28)
The Huskies handled the Black Bears and then took two more conference points on the road against New Hampshire. They play host to a Providence team that is one of the bigger threats to them in conference before wrapping up their weekend against Boston University.
8. Cornell (0-0-0), 43— Last Week: 7
• Last Week: No Games
• Coming Week: v Syracuse (10/23), v Harvard (10/26), v Dartmouth (10/27)
Tuesday will mark the start of the season for the Big Red and then the ECAC schedule begins.
9. St. Lawrence (3-4-1), 25 — Last Week: 10
• Last Week: W 4-3 OT v Clarkson (10/19), L 0-4 @ Clarkson (10/20)
• Coming Week: v Ohio State (10/26, 10/27)
The Saints were able to eek out a win at home before traveling to Clarkson and getting beaten handily. They will host an Ohio State team that need to continue to bolster their resume.
10. Colgate (3-3-0), 13 — Last Week: 9
• Last Week: No Games
• Coming Week: Dartmouth (10/26), v Harvard (10/27)
The idle Raiders dropped slightly due to the success of St. Lawrence. This weekend will bring a pair of Ivies to Hamilton.
Also Receiving Vote: Maine 6, Harvard 5, Merrimack 2, Penn State 2, Providence 2, Princeton 1, Quinnipiac 1