Week 11’s Top Prospect, picking up five goals and one assist, is Buffalo Beauts prospect Emma Woods.
Get the lowdown on Woods’ play and the rest of the 2016 NWHL Draft prospects in this week’s review:
1. Kelsey Koelzer, D, Princeton — New York Riveters
· This Week: 2GP – 3G – 2A – 5PTS – 12SOG – 4PIM
After a slow offensive start to the year, Koelzer had a great week last week. She scored a hat trick against Rensselaer and picked up assists in both of Princeton's games.
· Season To Date: 14GP – 4G – 11A – 15PTS – 72SOG – 18PIM
2. Lee Stecklein, D, Minnesota — Buffalo Beauts
· This Week: 2GP - 0G - 1A - 1PT - 4SOG - 2PIM
Stecklein still remains without a goal despite averaging 0.2 goals per game last season. With an assist on Caitlin Reilly’s goal in game two vs. Wisconsin, her assist per game average now is up to 0.6 per game.
· Season To Date: 15GP – 0G – 9A – 9PTS – 35SOG – 12PIM
3. Dani Cameranesi, F, Minnesota — Connecticut Whale
· This Week: 1GP - 0G - 1A - 1PT - 1SOG - 0PIM
Cameranesi managed to record her 200th point in what turned out to be a down weekend. She picked up an assist in game one vs. Wisconsin but, after an injury in the third period, was scratched for game two. Reports are she went back-first into the boards and fell awkwardly to the ice. She walked down the tunnel on her own despite apparently having multiple lower-body injuries.
· Season To Date: 17GP – 18G – 13A – 31PTS – 87SOG – 14PIM
4. Ann-Renée Desbiens, G, Wisconsin — Boston Pride
· This Week: 2GP: 1W-1L-0T; 3GA - 55SV - 58SHOTS - .948SVS% - 0SHO
After missing four games due to injury, Desbiens returned to form to earn a split against the second best team in the nation in Minnesota. Game one’s loss may have been Wisconsin’s first of the year, but Desbiens put up a fight with 32 saves and only allowing one goal.
· Season To Date: 14GP: 12W-1L-1T; 12GA – 239SV – 251SHOTS – .952SVS% – 6SHO
5. Sydney Daniels, F, Harvard — New York Riveters
· This Week: 2GP – 0G – 1A – 1PTS – 10SOG – 2PIM
The Crimson continued to struggle last week, losing to Cornell but tying #7 Colgate. Daniels recorded her first helper of the year in the tie and continued to throw lots of pucks on net.
· Season To Date: 10GP – 5G – 1A – 6PTS – 46SOG – 12PIM
6. Cayley Mercer, F, Clarkson— Buffalo Beauts
· This Week: 2GP – 2G – 3A – 5PTS – 11SOG – oPIM
Mercer has been one of the most impressive NWHL prospects this season, consistently contributing in all aspects of the game. She picked up 5 points last weekend and scored the game-winner in Clarkson's victory over SLU.
· Season To Date: 18GP – 9G – 17A – 26PTS – 105SOG - 12PIM
7. Andie Anastos, F, Boston College — Connecticut Whale
· This Week: 1GP – 1G – 3A – 4PTS – 5SOG - 0PIM
Anastos scored one of BC's 8 goals in the Eagles' win over Providence last week. She also assisted on 3 goals in the game. She's had more shots on goal in recent games, so expect to see more offense from her as the season continues.
· Season To Date: 15GP – 8G – 9A – 19PTS – 49SOG - 8PIM
8. Sarah Nurse, F, Wisconsin— Boston Pride
· This Week: 2GP - 3G - 1A - 4PTS - 11SOG - 0PIM
When Nurse is on, she’s one of the most lethal scorers in the nation. She picked up a hat trick and assist in game two’s eight-goal explosion.
· Season To Date: 18GP – 15G – 8A – 23PTS – 86SOG – 14PIM
9. Jenny Ryan, D, Wisconsin— New York Riveters
· This Week: 2GP - 0G - 0A - 0PTS - 5SOG - 0PIM
Ryan’s pointless streak extends to four games now. She recorded 5 blocks over the weekend.
· Season To Date: 18GP – 4G – 4A – 8PTS – 52SOG – 6PIM
10. Hayley Scamurra, F, Northeastern— Buffalo Beauts
· This Week: 3GP – 0G – 2A – 2PTS – 6SOG – 0PIM
The Huskies struggled last week, winning against a weak Providence team before dropping two games to Vermont. Scamurra had a decent week on both offense and defense. She had helpers on two of Northeastern's goals last week and she recorded 7 blocks over three games.
· Season To Date: 20GP – 4G – 11A – 15PTS – 68SOG - 28PIM
11. Mellissa Channell, D, Wisconsin — Connecticut Whale
· This Week: 2GP - 0G - 0A - 0PTS - 1SOG - 0PIM
With only one point in her last six games, Channell has hit a rough patch. She needs to pick up her low shot volume to increase her odds of pitching in offensively.
· Season To Date: 16GP – 1G – 7A – 8PTS – 19SOG – 14PIM
12. Ashleigh Brykaliuk, F, Minnesota-Duluth — Boston Pride
· This Week: 2GP - 2G - 0A - 2PTS - 7SOG - 0PIM
Brykaliuk scored goals in both games against St. Cloud State this past weekend. She is now riding a four goal scoring streak.
· Season To Date: 18GP - 11G - 11A - 22PTS - 63SOG - 4PIM
13. Sydney McKibbon, F, Wisconsin — New York Riveters
· This Week: 2GP - 1G - 0A - 1PT - 4SOG - 2PIM
McKibbon scored the game-tying goal in game two vs. Minnesota. Her points-per-game average is down slightly this year at .83, but she has two goals in her last three games played.
· Season To Date: 18GP – 5G – 10A – 15PTS – 52SOG – 4PIM
14. Emma Woods, F, Quinnipiac — Buffalo Beauts
· This Week: 2GP - 5G - 1A - 6PTS - 14SOG - 2PIM
Woods had her best weekend yet and Quinnipiac beat Union and Rensselaer easily. She scored 4 of QU's 6 goals in the win over Rensselaer and also notched a goal against Union.
· Season To Date: 18GP - 8G - 9A - 17PTS - 62SOG - 8PIM
15. Paige Savage, F, Northeastern — Connecticut Whale
· This Week: 3GP - 0G - 3A - 3PTS - 3SOG - 0PIM
Northeastern played three games last week and Savage had an assist in each of them. She also had a strong week defensively, recording 8 blocks over 3 games including 5 in the Huskies' first game against Vermont.
· Season To Date: 20GP - 4G - 12A - 16PTS - 41SOG - 8PIM
16. Halli Krzyzaniak, D, North Dakota — Boston Pride
· This Week: 2GP - 0G - 1A - 1PT - 9SOG - 0PIM
With an assist on the game-tying goal in game one vs. Ohio State, Krzyzaniak has pushed her senior year points-per-game average to the highest in her NCAA career at .56PTS/GP.
· Season To Date: 18GP - 2G - 8A - 10PTS - 43SOG - 6PIM
17. Amy Menke, F, North Dakota — New York Riveters
· This Week: 2GP - 0G - 0A - 0PTS - 14SOG - 0PIM
Menke was an unlucky goalie-peppering machine this past weekend. Menke hasn’t had a single point in her last five games, and North Dakota has gone 1-2-2 in those five games. The Fighting Hawks’ leading scorer needs to get back on track for the good of the team.
· Season To Date: 18GP - 4G - 9A - 13PTS - 72SOG - 21PIM
18. Maddie Elia, F, Boston University — Buffalo Beauts
· This Week: 2GP - 0G - 0A - 0PTS - 4SOG - 4PIM
Elia continues to be strong on defense but she had a slow offensive week as the Terriers split a series with UConn last week. It was disappointing to see her go back to a 0-point week after her success against Princeton two weeks ago, but she did record 3 blocks against the Huskies.
· Season To Date: 18GP - 7G - 10A - 17PTS - 78SOG - 32PIM
19. Sydney Rossman, G, Quinnipiac — Connecticut Whale
· This Week: 1GP - 1W-0L-0T; 1GA - 17SV - 18SHOTS - .944SVS% - 0SHO
Rossman's team made things easy for her in the win over Union by scoring 6 goals. Rossman herself had another great game, allowing only 1 goal on 18 shots. Rossman did not play in QU's win over Rensselaer last week.
· Season To Date: 18GP - 11W-4L-3T; 25GA - 284SV - 209SHOTS - .919SVS% - 5SHO
20. Lara Stalder, F, Minnesota-Duluth — Boston Pride
· This Week: 2GP - 0G - 3A - 3PTS - 3SOG - 2PIM
Stalder continues to be a playmaking machine, now with eight assists in her last four games played. Despite not scoring a goal in her last seven games, her points-per-game average is the highest it has been in her career at 1.44PTS/GP.
· Season To Date: 18GP - 8G - 18A - 26PTS - 82SOG - 6PIM