While off-the-ice stories may plague the NWHL, the Boston Pride remain dominant on the ice. Boston came out with another victory this week, topping the Buffalo Beauts 5-0 to improve its perfect record to 6-0.
- Hilary Knight was out of the lineup after making her debut at home against Connecticut the week before. There was speculation that her sudden departure from the lineup was due to the league’s sudden pay cuts, but it might also have been the team resting her as the league heads into a one-week break.
- Brittany Ott earned herself the title NWHL Player of the Week for the second week in a row after earning consecutive shutouts. The Pride are a team known for their offense, but Ott remains a stalwart in the cage.
- Alex Carpenter was back in the spotlight with Knight out, and she tallied the last Pride goal of the game. She also assisted on Meghan Duggan’s goal in the second period. She scored one of the two third period goals the Pride were able to tally.
- Brianna Decker’s 5.17 shots on goal per game lead all players who have played in each of their team’s games this season. Knight is averaging six, but played in just that one contest against the Whale, while Kelly Steadman of the Buffalo Beauts also has slightly more but has played in three games all year.
- The Pride have yet to face New York or Connecticut on the road, but will now face the Whale at home for the second game out of three. Boston shut out both the Beauts on the road and the Whale in back to back games in Ott’s two first career shutouts.
- The Boston defense continue to be offensive leaders as Lexi Bender scored last contest against the Whale while Blake Bolden has been making plays happen all year. The ways the Pride can score and be creative with the puck make them the best offensive team in the league.
- Pride prospect Sarah Nurse is putting up more than a point per game with Wisconsin in the college game so far this season. Ashleigh Brykaliuk is also having a stellar season for Minnesota-Duluth to make the future of the Pride on the ice look excellent.